Manufacturer’s Limited Warranty
Win-Dor manufactured folding doors
Subject to the conditions, exclusions and limitations of this limited warranty, we warrant that this product shall be free of material defects in manufacturing for a period of 10 (ten) years from the date of manufacture. This limited warranty applies to the product under normal use and service.
Win-Dor Inc. warrants for a period of ten (10) years all door components; this includes hinges, rollers, and locking hardware. All hardware must be maintained (cleaned and oiled) periodically to prevent hardware malfunction. Win-Dor Inc. has the right to make any changes to its components and provide a replacement for broken components only. See Exclusions
Insulated glass units and Glazing
Win-Dor Inc. warrants all Insulated Glass Units (IG units); against failure of the air seal due to defects in materials or workmanship for ten (10) years and five (5) years for Laminated glass against delamination resulting in material obstructed vision through the glass. Win-Dor Inc. will ship a replacement glass panel at no cost. See Exclusions
All hardware finishes will be guaranteed to be free from defects for one (1) year. All types of chipping, scratches due to misuse or normal wear and tear (i.e. rings or keys) are not considered defects. Hardware finishes will naturally weather, this includes, slight fading, and tarnishing. Natural weathering is not considered to be a warranted item. To help prevent components from prematurely corroding, a systematic cleaning with fresh water and a mild detergent soap 4 times a year should be implemented; this will minimize salt build up or corrosive residue. See Exclusions
Win-Dor Inc. warranties all painted surfaces for ten (10) years. Normal wear, weathering, dark colors in high heat areas, or fading due to orientation, are not warranted items. The use of solvent based cleaners such as, but not limited to, thinners, toluene, acetone, will void the warranty. For cleaning, use only mild, non-abrasive detergents with a soft bristle or nylon brush. See Exclusions
To initiate a claim action under this Limited Warranty, call 1-800-475-2826 and ask for the service department.
- Win-Dor Inc. will not be liable for glass breakage or failure due to misuse, applied tints or films, covered or clogged weep holes, or the use of solvents such as diesel fuel or any other solvents that may deteriorate the seal, alarm contacts that run through the sealed unit, as well as any alterations to the product including customer applied paint finishes. Win-Dor Inc. does not warranty minor glass imperfections that do not affect normal vision or product performance per the guide lines established by ASTM C 1036-01.
- On-site damage occurring during construction due to vandalism, acts of nature or any other cause out of WinDor’s control.
- Improper handling or installation by the builder or consumer and/or failure to follow manufactures installation instructions.
- Components that are in high salt concentration areas, such as on or adjacent to the sea shore, industrial, and or caustic atmospheres are not guaranteed.
- Win-Dor Inc. will not be liable for any water intrusion and or air infiltration using ADA compliant sills or Flush sill.
- Any opening that has no overhang to prevent water from sheeting will not be guaranteed.
- Faulty operation or movement of door panels or door parts due to installation, header sag, or wrong header size is not a warranty issue.
- Products that are abused or destroyed due to civil unrest, civil disobedience or excessive misuse are not a warranty issue. Acts of nature including but not limited to, fire, floods, and earthquakes are not warranty issues.
- Product operation due to maintenance neglect is not a warranty issue. Win-Dor Inc. will not be held liable for any non-warranty issues.
- Win-Dor Inc. nor its distributors are responsible or liable for: cost for labor in the removal, replacement or coordination of any defective or warranted part: any incidental or consequential damages of any kind other than as mandated by applicable state law.